Christopher Columbus moment

I just had a Christopher Columbus moment.
I just discovered that The Clash had given a nod to The King with their album cover. Actually I am not sure of what their motivation was, but I am a big fan of both. I was thumbing through some albums and said " hey that looks like the best album The Clash ever released". So I went and grabbed that album and much to my surprise it does look very similar, right down to the font. I was so excited to discover this that I rushed to the Internet to get jpgs to post here and share this with all of you.Wikipedia was the first thing that came up when I searched for the London Calling image.
And yep, you guessed it. Wikipedia had both of these images, right next to each other. Apparently a lot of people already know about this. 
And that is why it is a Christopher Columbus moment. I discovered something that lots of other people already knew about.
So, if you didn't already know;now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment